Preferred Carrier Program
It’s no secret that we strive to develop and maintain lasting relationships that encourage a sense of mutual trust and loyalty.
The North Shore Preferred Carrier Program strengthens relationships with carriers who regularly haul loads for us.
- Preferred carriers receive calls in advance of loads being placed on NSL online load board
Better Equipment Planning
- We help plan the use of your equipment with regular lanes, consistent loads, as well as working closely with you to develop backhaul opportunities.
- Invoice disputes are settled quickly by telephone, fax or email not snail mail through the U.S. Postal Service.
Preferred Carrier Benefits
Preferred Carrier Qualifications
To qualify, carriers must haul a minimum of 25 loads for North Shore over a 12 month period, and apply for preferred status when the initial requirement is met. To maintain preferred status, carriers must haul a minimum of 50 loads per year for North Shore while consistently providing excellent service to our customers.
North Shore Carrier Criteria
- Minimum of one year in business
- We require drivers names and cell phone numbers for any driver hauling loads for NSL
- Carry minimum cargo insurance of $100,000 and $1,000,000 liability insurance
- Operate small-to-mid sized fleets
- Maintain central dispatch with our after-hours contact (440) 835-1280
- Carriers must sign our Broker/Carrier contract
Download Carrier Documents
The Carrier Set-Up Packet includes the Carrier Agreement, Federal Authority, Surety Bond and W9 forms.